We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

So, my husband just e-mailed me from work. He was talking w/ one of his co-workers that just came back from the Cape. He mentioned Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn, he said the food there was 'AWESOME' (but a 'lil pricey). He said that the service was very good as well, he had this waiter, Ian (from Jamaica, already I like him, LOL) that's been there for 15+ yrs.

Hubby and I are going back to the Cape for 3 nts over Columbus Day weekend. For our one 'nice' dinner, we were planning on going back to Ocean House.

For those of you familiar w/ both places, if you had to choose one over the other, which would you go with????

Decisions, decisions LOL

Thanks in advance,

Naomi :-)

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

Naomi: Since you've already gone to the Ocean House, why not try 28 Atlantic instead and compare the two?

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

That would be the logical thing to do, wouldn't it? LOL

I suppose we'll give it a shot, how bad can it be, right?

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
517 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

I did not eat at 28 Atlantic but at their "Outer Grill". The setting and attention to detail is outstanding. Take a walk out near the pool area (although I guess the lounge chairs and the bar area would be not set up) I just remember there were so many flowers along the path ways and torches lit at night. The pool area reminded me or a nice carribean resort. Each person we met the night we were there treated us as if we were staying at the resort!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

"The pool area reminded me or a nice carribean resort"

Ohhhh, having just visited the Carribean, that sounds good to me!!! :-)

Chances are we'll give it a try. It looks lovely and 2 of my husband's co-workers that have eaten there raved...

Thanks for the info.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

I really liked Ocean House when we went for my birthday in '07 but I think that it 28 Atlantic is even more uspcale (in atmosphere and price). I've stayed at the WEquasset for a business meeting and had breakfast in 28 Atlantic. The setting is beautiful. But, if I were you, I would check out the menus and prices online. My guess is that it's one of the most expensive places on the Cape (barring MV and Nantucket choices).

And we love Columbus Day on the Cape...lucky you!

We'll be there this weekend (can finally get back into our house after five weeks of renters) and the weather report looks fabulous!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

We went mid-Nov, last year, for two nights and it was COLD. I can recall walking around Chatham all bundled up in my winter coat w/ scarf, etc.

So looking forward to being there in October, my favorite month (just so happens to be when I was born).

As far as the restaurant goes, the fact that they don't list prices on their site gives me an indication that they're $$$. My husband's co-worker spent $240 for 4 (2 adults,2 children).

Hopefully, they were celebrating a special occasion. Otherwise, that's a lotta $$ to spend on dinner.

Lucky YOU, having a place on the Cape to go to.

I'm jealous!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

Yes, we are VERY lucky. I thank my husband anytime we are there.

Glad you got some info on pricing at 28 Atlantic. I thought it would be higher than that (guessed that entrees were in the 30 to 40 range with appetizers in the 10 to 20 range plus alcohol). But I do think it is nice.

You will love the Cape in October. Hope for sunny skies. And you will notice that it's less crowded than August but much more so than November.

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
517 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

I was speaking to a co worker yesterday . She was telling me how her daughter was married earlier this month at the Cape . They had the rehearsal dinner at Chatham Bars Inn and was married at the Wequasett!

Nice !!!

Anyway - she was telling me that they ate at the 28 and was raving about it . She said the food and service was wonderful. She did say the prices were high but it was worth it .

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

Nice is right!!!

Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to going there now!

10. Re: Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:25