We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

A co-worker has asked me to help her find 2 rooms for 1 night only on Saturday, Sept 13.

Her ideal situation would be somewhere between Brewster and Orleans, on Rte 6A. She would love a nice waterfront B&B or Inn. Two young-at-heart women in their 50s having a weekend away from the families.

She has been trying herself for over a week and can only find places with 2 night minimums. I know this is a hard thing to find, especially since the area from Falmouth to P-Town is terra incognita for me as far as lodging.

Any help would be appreciated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

Update... husbands are coming along, and the acceptable area has been expanded to include anything from Mashpee to Orleans. These folks are getting nothing but "2 Nite Min" quotes. I suggested they just drive down and take their chances. They're only coming from the Worcester area for a game of golf.

Any comments?

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

I would start calling places after Hanna blows through this weekend. If places aren't booked up, they'll be happy to give them two rooms. Tell them to try the Pepper House Inn on Route 6A in Brewster. They once were very accommodating to us when we only wanted one night's lodging during August. Even let our daughter sleep on the big couch in the room and provided sheets. And the inn is very nice. Not as upscale as others but clean and lovely.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

They might take their chances, but will most likely end up in a road side motel, which is not always bad, but doesn't sound like what they are looking for. Places will usually rent for Sat only if they still have rooms available by Wed or Thurs of the same week.

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

Try The Cove in Orleans (http://www.thecoveorleans.com/)

Enjoy!

5. Re: Seeking 1 night between Brewster and Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:21