We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I love Cape Cod

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I love Cape Cod

Just back last evening from a wonderful week in Cape Cod. It was my first trip, and I totally loved it! Beautiful warm sunny weather, no crowds or traffic problems (wouldn't have made it without GPS), great hospitality. Thanks to all of your advice, we were able to see and do so many great things.

Flew into Boston on Wed.AM. Arrived at Seacoast Inn. Not much I could add to all the rave reviews, but Al and Terry couldn't have been more accomodating. Helped with itenerary, GPS addresses, loaned us beach chairs, towels, a cooler with ice. Al was waiting with an umbrella when a few raindrops fell... Room was clean and comfortable and nice view of the Hyannis town green.

Day 1- Went on to Chatam to see beach and lighthouse, watched the boats come in and saw seals, then finished off the day with drinks on the porch at Chatham Bars Inn. Day 2 - ferry from Woods Hole to Martha's Vineyard. Took the tour out to Gay Head light and Clay Cliffs. Beautiful, but would have saved money just taking public bus. Day 3 - to P'town for whale watch - AWESOME. I honestly cried on the way back in. I am losing my vision (retinitus pigmentosa), and that is a day I will never forget. Ended the day with fireworks in Wellfleet. Day 4 - ferry out of Hyannis to Nantucket. Awesome! Public bus to Sconset for Bluff walk. Lunch at Claudette's. Drinks poolside at Summer House (pricey - should've stopped at one!) Back to town for sightseeing and late dinner at Even Keel. Clear skies for star watching on ferry back to Hyannis.

Day 5- a little drizzly. Went to Falmouth for shopping and dinner at Connamessett Inn. Day 6-drove down 6A. Walked along the marsh in Dennis, drove to lookout to watch kite surfers. Lunch at Sesuit Harbour Cafe, ice cream at Sundae School. Went to Nauset Light Beach to enjoy the sunshine and a few Mike's Hard Lemonades. Appetizers at Chatham Squire and ended the day again with drinks at Chatham Bars. Day 6 - check out and head to Dunbar's Tea Room in Sandwich. A little shopping and sight seeing before heading to the airport for evening flight home. Back to work today. Time to start planning the next trip. I hear the coast of Maine is beautiful...

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I love Cape Cod

Hands down...one of the best trip reports I've ever read. I'm so glad you had the chance to visit and enjoy the best of the Cape. (and the coast of Maine Is beautiful!)

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I love Cape Cod

WOW, I'm impressed! You made some wonderful choices as far as things to see/do!!

"Day 3 - to P'town for whale watch - AWESOME. I honestly cried on the way back in. I am losing my vision (retinitus pigmentosa), and that is a day I will never forget." - I teared up when I read this. Man, we sure do take things for granted, don't we?

We really do need to take time to smell the roses (or hydrangea, lol)

So glad you thoroughly enjoyed your trip!

Naomi :-)

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
536 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I love Cape Cod

It was so great to hear you had such a wonderful time. You really did alot during your stay. Yes - Maine is very nice - a different type of coast line but many fun places to visit.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I love Cape Cod

I agree - your report was wonderful and your choices were great. Although you did get to see quite a bit during your stay - your report makes all of traveling appear to be stress-free and very enjoyable

So glad you enjoyed the Cape and hope you come back someday!!

5. Re: I love Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 06:26