We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

We are staying there for a week. They don't have a website. My husband rented from cyber rentals months ago and now I am a bit nervous as there are no reviews! We do have a rental agreement and he spoke with a woman on the phone but I hate that I can't find anything about these cottages! If anyone knows anything, let me know. They are at 596 Shore Road in Truro...or so we think!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

I've driven by many times and I've been vacationing in the area for over 20 years ... they've been there as long as I can remember. The cottages are set in from the road (closer to the water) so I've never actually had a good look at them.

So ... if it gives you any reassurance, I can tell you that the place actually EXISTS!!!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

Haha! Thank you so much. I was beginning to worry last night. It is also nice to hear they are set back near the water.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

Hi Gina, When do you go? Hope you'll get the 'scoop' and how they market. Would you drop a note back on the forum at the end of your holiday? Love to hear about the place and your holiday.

Have fun...

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

Oh man, now I am nervous if the Cape Cod expert hasn't heard of it! LOL.

I will give a full report in a few weeks. Very excited to go. It is more of an adventure this time.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

Charlie, they're on 6A on the left as you head towards Ptown .. after the Crow's Nest but before Kalmar Village. I too would love to know more.

Gina, how did you find them?

I tried searching (cuz I'm nosey) and came up w/ a link on a Yahoo page about Truro that brought me to a very INAPPROPRIATE website, and my 12yo son was in the room ... eeek!!!

They're at least listed on this site w/ a phone number ...

clickcapecod.com/cape_cod_towns/cape_cod.asp… (this isn't the inappropriate one!)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

My husband found them on cyber rentals.com. We have a nice letter and rental agreement from the owner who lives in the midwest. When we went back to cyber rentals they were no longer on so I found the property # after digging through husband's old emails and was able to pop up the listing. From there I found another site called home away rentals? or something like that and there we found 5 reviews. All were glowing so I feel much better!!!

I can't wait to post about them later since there is nothing about them here.

OK, if they are on the left then you must be able to see Provincetown at night I hope...I wonder if there is a sidewalk there for running in the morning...

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

There are no sidewalks on 6a but people run, walk, and cycle there all the time. The cars just have to DEAL!! And amazingly, I've never seen any accidents or even 'close calls'.

8. Re: Anyone know this place??? Anchorage on the Bay in Truro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:17