We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Messina Restaurant in Eastham

Boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Messina Restaurant in Eastham

Has anyone been to Messina yet? We are somewhat foodies so I'm wondering if we are better off heading to P-Town for a nice dinner.

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
590 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Go Boston Card, with Access To...
127 Reviews
from US$59.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Day Trip to Plymouth and...
5 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
From Boston to Cape Cod Day Trip...
188 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

You can't go wrong going to Provincetown for great food, but there are other notable restaurants that "foodies" love on the outer cape....Abba, Chillingsworth, Blackfish, Wicked Oyster are a few that come to mind in the Orleans, Brewster, Wellfleet, Truro areas. Messina serves nice appetizers that might appeal to you. Otherwise, their menu would be ideal for a family with hungry teens.

Mentioned in this post
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Brewster
Brewster
Cape Cod, MA
Wellfleet
Wellfleet
Cape Cod, MA
Truro
Truro
Cape Cod, MA
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

I have not eaten at Messina's in Eastham myself, but my in-laws (who spend the summer in Eastham) have. And they are NY area 'foodies'. They were disappointed with their meals and don't plan on returning. They would tell you to go to Ptown, Abba, Winslow's Tavern in Orleans or the Academy Ocean Grill in Orleans.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Eastham
Eastham
Cape Cod, MA
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

Definitely head to Provincetown. Check out Edwige at Night and The Mews. Both great.

Mentioned in this post
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

Thanks so much for the feedback. I guessed that it might not be what we hoped. Although we do have a teenager with a good appetite, he likes to eat well also -- my fault. We appreciate the suggestions as well, a couple of places we have not tried but will definately put them on our list.

in my head
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

I have been to Messina and often consider myself a really tough critic. I found the service to be really quick and attentive. I also found the food to be what I would expect my mother to cook, my mother is very italian and I took comfort eating the food. I have been there a few times now and the quality has certainly improved. I do agree that when first opened the restaurant was nothing to be proud of but once the first week or so was taken care of the food is now improved, try it, it was good

cape cod
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

I've eaten there twice in the past two weeks (mid-late August 2009)(once a to go meal) and look forward to returning...

We were pleased with reasonably priced menu, attentive service and the food! We've been craving a good local family italian joint that's not crazy jam-packed like Fairway. We've found it and are willing to make the drive from Orleans for our family.

First meal was:

Cold anti pasto: chick pea smash w/eggplant&tomatoe on side to spread on bread crisps. Yummy and healthy.

Spinach salad w/goat cheese: very good and generous portion of salad and goat cheese.

Husband had a vegetable risotto that I tasted: creamy and cheesy, yet not too heavy. Of course we tried to recall the risotto dishes we had in Italy a few years ago and it was fun to have a meal that sent us back to those memories!

Fancy meal out like Abba, no it's not that high-end. But if you're looking for very good italian food at a very good price, then it's worth the trip!!!

Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Bridgewater, MA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

Messina has been a favorite since opening last June. A few snags in the beginning but they only learned from it. The food is wonderful making me crave to go back to Italy but this certainly is a more affordable option. I love the warmth of the restaurant with family pictures of ancestors originating from where else but Messina. The atmosphere is friendly, the staff polite and attentive. You may even get a lovely waitress to burst out in song and the owner, Jim to see how you are doing. We travel far from south of Boston but still visit as often as possible. I give this a 5 star for food, cleanliness, service & affordability. Keep up the good work & see you soon!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
8. Re: Messina Restaurant in Eastham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 08:18