We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape in June

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Cape in June

Planning to spend a couple of days with my husband and 2 girls (16 & 12) . We're driving after spending a few days in Boston. Have spent hours reading reviews, but can't find one hotel that looks updated. Not looking for motel with outside entrances, just someplace that looks new with newer bathrooms, beds.

I loved the Cape and Nantucket when my husband and I spent a week there about 15-20 years ago. Can't recall where we stayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! With so many small town this project is very confusing! (Arriving around the latter part of June)

Edited: 09 January 2010, 16:25
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape in June

Hi, there are actually quite a few places that fit the bill. Not sure what your budget is, but we have stayed at Ocean Edge in Brewster and really like it. This is a full resort with a hotel and condos. Brewster is a lovely town on the bay side on the lower Cape. www.oceanedge.com

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,516 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape in June

So are there four of you and you'd like two rooms? Do you want to relax on the beach or spend your time touring around the Cape? Are there any activities you want to experience...kayaking, riding the Cape Cod Rail Trail, going out on a whale watch or a dune tour etc??? Would you like a motel on the beach or is a mile away fine too? And is there any budget or would you like a couple of days of luxury? The Cape offers all this and much more.

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape in June

Yes, 2 rooms, or at least 2 beds would be nice. We would love to be near quaint shopping, restaurants, etc. I think the ocean water in June would be too cold to swim in-a large pool overlooking the ocean or some scenic area would be nice.

A day trip to Nantucket, lighthouses, sand dunes would be fun. Budget wise ~$300/night?

Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape in June

Hi, did you check Ocean Edge? again it fits what you are saying you need - upscale, 2 indoor pools, in Brewster which is plenty quaint, and is close to Orleans, lots of shopping- Next town over is Harwich where you can get a ferry to Nantucket. www.nantucketchamber.org/visitor/gethere.html The only thing it doesn't have is sand dunes.

Edited: 10 January 2010, 17:17
ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape in June

Yes, but The Ocean Edge in Brewster has so many bad reviews. If you don't stay in the masion they won't let you use the beach, and the rooms looked small and very dated.

What's your thoughts on the new Hampton Inn and Suites in West Yarmouth or the Red Jacket Resorts. I believe Blue Rock and Riviera Beach have rooms available. The actual Red Jacket Resort is sold out.

I belive this area is close to the boats to Nantucket, but I don't recall what the area really looks like. I guess it's more scenic in the lower cape, but we could always drive towards Provincetown to look around.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape in June

Wow, that is really surprising about Ocean Edge, we have stayed several times in the mansion and had large, lovely rooms both times. We did not go to the beach, but did use the pool & health club. Anyway, I have not yet heard anything about the Hampton Inn in W. Yarmouth. The Red Jacket resorts get recommended here frequently, and yes you can get a ferry to Nantucket from Hyannis or Harwich.

7. Re: Cape in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 05:18