We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truro?

lodon
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Truro?

HI

We're spending a few days in Boston then planning to drive to Cape Cod for four nights before driving on again.

I like the sound of the Crows Nest Resort in Truro, but had a few questions.

Is truro a good base? We want somewhere quiet and right on the ocean and not too touristy.

Also, how long realistically would it take to drive to Truro from Boston? We'd be driving on a Monday morning in July (leaving around 11am...)

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Truro?

Driving to Truro from Boston on a Monday afternoon should be no problem at all. Maybe a 2-2.5 hour drive or so. While Truro is not exactly central for Cape Cod, I don't think there's anything wrong with using it for a base of operations.

CT
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Truro?

I spent a few days there last summer and enjoyed that area. It was quiet and I felt it was less touristy. And not too far from Provincetown if you are looking for some fun.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,239 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Truro?

I just answered you on the Truro forum ;)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41868-i6821-k3593…

I love it because it IS a little further out and less congested than the the areas closer to the bridges.

4. Re: Truro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 06:22