We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

Birmingham, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

OK, I didn't get round to it but better (very) late than never! Thank you to markoboston, katieebee, jsboston, ccrosner and yellowbird for all your invaluable advice back in August 2008. We had a superb time on the cape and in boston in the first week of September. The weather was hot and sunny, so we were really lucky. We visited Sandwich; Hyannis; rode the shining sea bicycle path from Falmouth to Woods End; ate lots and shopped lots!

We adored New England so much we are going back at the beginning of October for two weeks for our honeymoon (hence jogging my memory and backside into gear to get back on here and thank you all!) We will spend some time in Boston first so we can see more of the city this time. Then we'll drive up to North Conway, NH; then over Stowe, VT and then somewhere else (maybe down to southern VT; the Berkshires MA; or across to Maine - depending on how far I want to drive!)

Thanks again for your kind help and I will try my best not to leave it too long to write a little report in October when we get back!

Best wishes to you all.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

Thanks, Lambeau! Better late than never and I do remember you! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy your swing through New England for your honemoon. I live in the Boston area so let me know if you have questions about what to do here. Remember that Boston hotels will be pricey in October on weekends as there are many parents weekends and homecomings!

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

My very first trip to the Cape was in 2000 I think but it was just a very brief few hours drive into the area and I loved it but forgot about it, until 10 years later, in 2010 Memorial Day weekend, I paid a better visit and it was spectacular.

cape cod
Level Contributor
186 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

Glad to have you come back to the Cape. I had just started using Trip Advisor around then so I don't remember you. I lived in Boston before moving to the Cape 18 years ago and still go up to the city a couple of times a month.

I also vacation in Stowe every year or so, I just love it there.

Susan

www.UndergroundCapeCod.com

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing the good news about your previous Cape Cod trip. Of course we can't take credit for the weather but, in the correct fame of mind, any day on Cape Cod is way better than a day almost any place else!

Edited: 06 June 2010, 17:42
Birmingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

Cheers, that's very kind. Don't I just know Boston hotels are expensive?!! Its a peak time throughout New England too, as you know, but Its worth it - we really want to see the autumnal colours during our honeymoon. Besides, we find the States better value for money than the U.K., even taking the exchange rate out of the equation. Service is better and people are nicer and happier than in the U.K,, too!

6. Re: Cape Cod 2008. Yes, 2008!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 06:30