We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor markets???

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor markets???

Where on the Cape can we find outdoor markets. It can be farmers markets, flea markets, etc. We love to buy local produce or browse for local handmade goods. We're staying at Nickersons in Brewster but are willing to travel some. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor markets???

I'm aware of the Orleans Farmers Market which is held every Saturday morning. It's a quick drive from the downtown. Forget the road it's on. They have tents set up with maybe a dozen local farms selling their produce and there's also other small, family run businesses that set up there to sell their products.

I'm not sure if Brewster actually has a Farmers Market, but if not, the Orleans one would be close by. And I always drive past homes with the owners selling their excess garden produce roadside, so keep your eyes peeled for those little stands as well.

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
523 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor markets???

There is the Wellfleet Flea market located at the Wellfleet drive-in

There is Dick and Ellie's Flea market in Dennsiport near the Patriot Square shopping center.

There are also several craft Fairs scheduled throughout the summer in various locations at the cape.

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor markets???

Thanks!! We'll definitely hit the Orleans farmers market (wonder if it's close enough to bike to.....I'll have to look into that). Which flea market would you suggest if we were to only do one......Wellfleet or Dick & Ellie's?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor markets???

One of the best roadside places in Brewster is Satucket Farms - excellent produce and really good bread:

http://www.satucketfarm.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor markets???

Whoa, kendrick, now that looks like a fun place to make a pitstop. I'm putting Satucket in my memory bank. Thanks for posting it.

New York
Level Contributor
901 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor markets???

Oh, yeah!! Satucket farm stand is a definite. We love grabbing different cheeses, fresh baked bread & a bottle of wine to enjoy sunset!! It looks like this little place has 2 out of 3 :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Outdoor markets???

Funny I was just looking for this info myself - here is a list but not sure how current it is

http://www.examiner.com/x-5176-Cape-Cod-Travel-Examiner~y2009m6d24-Find-Farmers-Markets-on-Cape-Cod

Also my daughter and SIL love Satucket for produce and baked goods

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outdoor markets???

Orleans market is on Sat.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outdoor markets???

There is also a farmers' market in Provincetown on Saturdays.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outdoor markets???

The Cape Cod Cultural Center of S. Yarmouth on Main St. has a farmers market I think Thur.