We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

We are in Truro and actually found a fantastic condo rental this year. It is gorgeous! We have taken advantage of the view and have made all of our meals here this week but need to get out tomorrow. We have been stopping at Cape Tip to grab some seafood to bring home too, we love fresh seafood.

We would love a suggestion and brief description of somewhere to try. We have our son, who is 2, but pretty good in restaurants although we don't want to take him to a trendy spot in Provincetown where he could be disruptive. My husband mentioned wanting some lobster linguine...I looked at the menu at Pepe's on Commercial Street but can't tell if it is a kid friendly establishment or not.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,619 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

Can I ask a silly question? Is it okay if he is disruptive in a not so trendy place? Or are you saying he is more likely to be disruptive in a trendy place?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

There very very few restaurants that are not "kid friendly". You are where families go to vacation. There are not so many trendy restaurants in Ptown that they hide the non trendy victuals, however that may be defined. Haven't you passed dozens of places where you may have said " Hmmm, I wish we weren't eating in tonite 'cause that place looks interesting and see... there are kids inside!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,272 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

Neslaw, I usually agree with your advice, but this time I'm going to contradict you. Provincetown is getting better but not all places there are kid friendly ... many don't have booster chairs or high chairs or kids' menus. I used to bring my own booster when my kids were little and would go early (5ish for dinner; 8ish for breakfast) and never had any issues.

I've never been to Pepe's, but I know the Chamber of Commerce often recommends it. Finely JP's in Wellfleet on Rte 6 is good. Can't remember if lobster linguine is on their menu or not.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

I take no offense. The response was not restricted to Ptown dining. But, just for kicks I googled kid friendly provincetown and found this link

urbanspoon.com/tn/…Provincetown-restaurants

which lists 2 restaurants and the TA restaurant reviews only list ONE restaurant under the families with children option. So, Provincetown probably does deserve an asterisk on this topic compared to the rest of the Cape.

I guess my definition of kid friendly is "can I get chicken fingers" and is it less formal than the Cummaquid Inn. That probably doesn't exclude too many places. :)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

I think that although I have a 2 year-old I am sensitive to the fact that children are not really welcomed into some places and therefore his being disruptive might be just his presence in one place vs. another. Do you see what I mean? His talking could be disruptive to some in a certain place while blend in with the norm at others.

Provincetown is a bit on the side of places that look great but it is hard to tell if there are kids in one place vs. another with the situation of needing a high chair, etc. We will figure it out! Thanks for the help!

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

Family filled, noisy and perfectly fine for everyone would be The Lobster Pot on Commercial in Provincetown. They have a childrens menu and a view of Cape Cod Bay too. Have a good time.

http://www.ptownlobsterpot.com/menu.html

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,272 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

Sorry Neslaw ... we had gotten into a bit of a discussion about P-town because the OP mentioned Pepe's ..... that's why I focused on that. I checked out your Urban spoon link and one of the places mentioned was Townsend's .... another poster was asking questions about that place earlier this week ... it wasn't opened.

My kids (now 11 and 13) LOVE the Lobster Pot. We've been going there since they were young. We've also taken them to the Post Office Cafe, the Patio (and its previous incarnation, Cafe Blase); and Napi's. Right on Rte 6A in Truro is (was?) the Beach Point Grill (former PapaRazzi -- not the chain) location. It was good but the menu was limited. Don't know if they opened this year, it was pretty quiet (and not opened) when I was there in May.

Another place to try is Adrian's up at the Outer Reach Resort.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

If anyone checks this post again I thought I would tell you that we went to the Squealing Pig and were lucky enough to get a window seat where we could roll the stroller under, order some oysters and beer and my son was able to look out the window and talk to people as they went by. We have been there before and think the food is so-so but hey, he enjoyed himself and these days that makes for a good meal! We might try Bubala's tomorrow night since we walked by and there were tons of kids there making noise. Lobster Pot is great but we have been there so many times...but it is so good.

9. Re: Recomend a restaurant-view optional, we have a 2 year-old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 07:42