We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Secret Cape Cod"

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
"Secret Cape Cod"

Chronicle, a local television magazine show, aired a show tonight on "Secret Cape Cod", with suggestions from Jon Marcus of mysecretboston.com Here are some of the places mentioned:

Scargo Pottery in Dennis

Lands End Inn in P-town

Fort Hill Trail in Eastham

Bird Watcher's General Store in Orleans

ABBA restaurant in Orleans - fusion cusion

Hostel in Truro

Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster

Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
557 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

I'd add Scargo Hill tower myself...it's one of the spots that I take guests to...though the trees have grown up too much so you can't see 360 degrees anymore.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

I'd add Monomoy Nature Preserve in Chatham.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

Waqoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, Falmouth and Mashpee. In particular, Washburn Island.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

The mill and herring run in Brewster, the White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet, and Harwich Junior Theatre in West Harwich.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

The mill and herring run in Brewster, the White Cedar Swamp Trail in Wellfleet, and Harwich Junior Theatre in West Harwich.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

Trabuco Canyon, CA
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

First time in New England! My head is spinning from all the suggestions of things to see and do and places to stay. I'm taking a day away from Boston with my 20 something daughter and son to go to the "cape".

We can stay a night if we can find a quaint B&B or B&B like place to stay below $200. What would be your suggestion of place? Hyannis, Falmouth, Edgartown, Centerville??? I think walking distance to the beach would be nice, but maybe better to be near village/town???

Martha's Vineyard would be nice (obviously I hear so much about it, but prices there are way too high). Please help. I think we're trying to see a little of everything while we're in Boston. We'll be in Boston end of July.

Thank you!!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

Loved the program, thanks for the heads-up! You won't be surprised that the segment aired last night was among my favorites! mysecretboston.com/cape/islands/cape-escape

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

I'm not sure this is a secret (I heard about it on WBZ) but a new hostel just opened in Hyannis.

http://capecod.hiusa.org/hihy/index.php

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Secret Cape Cod"

Just wanted to apologize for my multiple posts above. The text didn't appear to load the first time, so I tried again.