We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Used Book Store

CT
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Used Book Store

Can any one recommend a good used book store on the cape? Staying in Dennis.

Thanks!!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,800 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Used Book Store

Parnassus Book Service. Yarmouthport. www.parnassusbooks.com. 508-362-6420. New and used books on 6A. Specializing in maritime volumes. An interesting place.

In Dennis on 6A is Arm Chair Bookstore. www.armchairbookstore.com. 508-385-0900. This is a bookstore that you don't want to miss though I don't think that they sell used.

In the other direction is Brewster Book Store. www.brewsterbookstore.com. 508-896-6543 also on 6A. Again, no used books but this is another of the better Cape bookstores and you might find their collection of Cape Cod titles interesting.

Don't know when you are going. If in off-season then do call first to check hours. Enjoy...

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Used Book Store

Parnassus is a gem.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Used Book Store

Armchair closed...sad to say..a crummy consignment store is there now..

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Used Book Store

The Yellow Umbrella on Main Street in downtown Chatham sells first editions, new and used books. They have a large selection of books and essays by Cape authors. It's a nice little store.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Used Book Store

Ti'm's in is Provincetown ... if you happen to be there, it's worth the stop. The woman working the last time I went there was FANTASTIC. she helped my 11yo find books, including one that was a series that started in P-town.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Used Book Store

forgotmypword: That sounds great! Do you remember the title of the Provincetown series for kids?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,800 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Used Book Store

Chakita, when did that happen? I must say that I used my CLAMS library card this summer instead of purchasing.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Used Book Store

waterbug ... I'll find out from my daughter and get back to you ... it wasn't a Provincetown series ... it just starts there ...

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Used Book Store

Thanks, forgotmypword.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Used Book Store

CCC, Armchair closed a year or two ago...I went into the present store and walked right out..curious place...not sure how long it will last.

Does Titcomb on 6 A in Sandwich have used books?

Edited: 17 September 2010, 11:30