We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brewser mass. What is in the town.

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Brewser mass. What is in the town.

Looking to stay at the oCean Edge resort and was wondering what the town of Brewster is like. Are their restaurants and little shops. If not how far is the closest typical New England town.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

Lots of shopping and restaurants strung out for several miles along the very picturesque, treed 6A.

Antiques, books and othe shopping are often in lovely old houses which have been converted for commercial use. No obvious town centre as such.

For that, you are only minutes away from Orleans and about 20 minutes from the town of Chatham. No shortage of shopping and restaurants everywhere you go on the Cape.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

If you do stay in Brewster, plan to visit the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History (http://www.ccmnh.org), the mill and Stony Brook herring run (http://www.capecodtoday.com/news66.htm), and the Brewster General Store (http://www.brewsterstore.com) -- three of our favorite places on the Cape.

Westborough
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

Try the Village of Harwich Port....my favorite place is the Winstead Inn And Beach Resort; great restaurants within walking distance.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

You will be very happy in Brewster at Ocean Edge. As mentioned are the shops along Rt. 6A, the Museum which also has nice trails through the marshes with beautiful views, the Brewster Scoop for ice cream, right next to the Brewster Store (penny candy, coffee, newspapers fudge, and wonderful Cape Cod memorabilia.) The Cape Cod Rail trail - rent bikes on Underpass Rd. LemonTree Plaza shops - excellent kitchen store there; pottery, gift shops, cute little cafe. Sunsets at any of the town beaches. Restaurants: Brewster Fish House - pricey, but very good; Brewster Coffee Shop - go for breakfast, sit outside at a picnic table; El Guapo Taqueria - inexpensive & very good Mexican. As noted, downtown Orleans is right down the road (6A) where there is a more traditional downtown. One question -are you staying in a condo at Ocean Edge or the hotel itself? There is a lot to do there as well.

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

Thanks for your replies. I was in the process of booking the Arbour Villas. My other choice was a hotel in Dennisport but thought the water would be warner in Brewster and maybe more central to the rest of the cape as wanted to do whale watching in PTown.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

The shops start at Lukes Liquor and DD near Museum of Natural History and goes past Lemon Tree Shops, a few galleries and antique shops along the and then the Country Store as mentioned..more shops..lots of little eateries. Angro Dolce is pretty good. JT is fast food good. Brewster Fish House used to be my fav but not so much anymore. I love El Guapos for good American Mexican. I think you will love Brewster..you are close to Orleans with The Beacon Room and Abba, two lovely dining spots.

Edited: 27 February 2011, 02:24
7. Re: Brewser mass. What is in the town.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:17