We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go near boston for a beach holiday

london
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
where to go near boston for a beach holiday

Hi

Dont know Massachusets at all

My daughter is going to Boston to study we are looking for a beach holiday resort 5 -4 stars on the beach but also close to a local village to go at night for eating to fell the pulse any suggestion?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

For a start, check out

Ogunquit, ME

Chatham Bars Inn in Chatham, MA (Cape Cod)

Martha's Vineyard

Newport RI

or the Wentworth Inn in Portsmouth, NH

Edited: 06 June 2011, 22:20
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

Ocean Edge in the beach side villas or the main property, New Seabury on the Upper Cape with a variety of accommodations, Wequesset in Harwich in addition to Chatham Bars Inn. These are all 4 and 5 star resorts. Check these and let us know if one will work for you. If not then pls come back with more specific needs for best input.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

Sorry- one correction to my previous post the Portsmouth, NH property is called Wentworth By The Sea... (The Wentworth Inn is located in Jackson, NH in the White Mountain Region which is nowhere near the ocean.)

http://www.wentworth.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

Just be aware that the water in New Hampshire and especially Maine can be ice-cold, something like the North Sea or the Irish Sea on your side of the pond. If you were thinking of getting into the water, you may want to stick to Cape Cod or points south.

london
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

thank you very much now i would look at those suggestions

so helpful!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

Of the resorts that I listed on Cape Cod two are better with regard to your request to be located in a village. New Seabury is a resort community and you can find activities, beach, dining, golf and shopping all right in their community. Chatham Bars Inn is a resort property where, again, you have everything that you need right there but they are within walking distance (and they run a shuttle in high season) to their Main St. with it's multitude of shops and restaurants. Besides these resorts there are many motels that might work for you two along with some quite upscale B&Bs. Good luck with your planning.

7. Re: where to go near boston for a beach holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:19