We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

Thinking of doing some college visits during our annual Cape vacation. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes to drive from Dennis to Boston? Also, what would the best route be? Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,313 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

Around two hours, depending on the specific place in Dennis. Of course, that means not during rush hours or on Saturdays or Sunday PM's. Route 6 over the Sagamore Bridge to Route 3 North to 93 North.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

I can get from Dennis to Northeastern U in 1 hour 10 min low to no traffic. If you go mid week leave Dennis around 9 and then get OUT of Boston by 3. DO NOT do this on a Monday or Friday...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,313 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

Just how fast are you going that you can get from Dennis to NU in an hour and 10 minutes?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

We usually make it from Dennisport to Logan in just under 2 hrs driving as fast as traffic flow allows. Chakita must be riding her magic carpet. Wish I had one too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

With moving traffic, I make it to Boston from South Wellfleet in about an 1 hour and 45 minutes. The trip is just under 100 miles.

My record going to the Cape is 4 hours--an accident on the Sagamore closed the bridge for about two hours.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

I am going with traffic..I do this route often during the academic year...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

Thank you all for your answers to my question, and for all of your posts on TA! You always offer helpful info.

8. Re: Drive Time Dennis to Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 02:15