We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

Not one member of my family likes seafood (or any fishy food) - in fact, some even having difficulty with the 'scent'.

As we are spending 5 days on the Cape, I need to come up with a good list of eateries that will satisfy my family. We'll be staying in S. Yarmouth, but will have a car and bop around a bit.

Suggestions/ideas for low-mid $$ restaurants will be super appreciated!

Edited: 29 July 2011, 04:46
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

Ardeos - there are several in the Cape including one in S. Yarmouth

www.dineardeo.com/location/union_station

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

Brazilian Grill in Hyannis gets high marks but it is not a cheap place. Maybe you'd enjoy the Mexican place in Harwich. Sam Diego's in Hyannis is not very good. There's lots of Italian places around including Gerardi's in Yarmouth. What kind of other food do you want? Most everyplace has items for the 'landlubber'. On Upper County Rd in Dennisport is Clancy's with a wide menu and plates of food that could feed two people. This might well fit the bill for you one night. You'll find lots of options.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

Harwich house of pizza or anyplace which has house of pizza in the name.

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

The family loves south american/mexican, italian, and traditional american. I appreciate the suggestions. Any more, feel free to pass on!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

Everyplace serves meat.....I defer to others to share low priced places..a good site is www.yelp.com ...some love Capt. Parker's Pub....Girardi's Cafe is ok..

NJ
Level Contributor
141 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

I could have written your post myself! Only the husband eats seafood in our family. We had to leave places when the kids were littler because "I think I'm gonna puke!"

We tend to seek out the less expensive places too.

This week we have gone to the Lobster Boat so he can have twin lobster. Kids had chicken fingers and a burger and I had a salad. We also like Hearth n Kettle right in South Yarmouth. Very casual and not expensive.

We ate at Ardeo this week and I had a great chicken dish and kids had, yep, burger and chicken fingers. Everyone else had seafood.

He loves Captain Frosty's in Dennis for fried seafood. We had ice cream.

If you make it up as far as Eastham, he loves the seafood at Arnolds and you can guess what we had.

Point is, almost all places have non-seafood choices. Most have websites, with menus. Just do some internet searching before you go.

7. Re: Restaurants for family who does not eat seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 20:18