We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from boston--possibilities?

Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from boston--possibilities?

I will be going to Boston in late April, early May for a 3 day weekend wiht friends. I have been to Boston several times and I love the city, but it is getting a bit old. I have never gone to the Cape or any locations like that and I'm wondering if Cape Code or any place like that would suit my needs as a nearby exotic day trip destination--one that is pretty scenic, filled with things to do, easy to get to via public transportation (and return to boston) and i won't need a car once i get there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from boston--possibilities?

Check out the web site : www.p-b.com. This is a bus site for Plymouth-Brockton bus lines . They have services to the cape from Logan, South Station, and Park Square in Boston. You will need to study the schedule carefully (weekend and weekdays vary along with the Boston pickup and drop off sites).

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from boston--possibilities?

To meet your criteria follow the good advice you got on the Boston forum about going to PTown. The ferry is seasonal and may not be running that early though.