We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest town in Cape Cod?

montreal, ca
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest town in Cape Cod?

I am looking to spend a few days in Cape Cod and wanted to get opninions on the "nicest town" in Cape Cod.

I'm looking for somewhere to relax and explore all that Cape Cod has to offer- beaches, seafood...

ny
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

It depends what you looking for. If you are looking for nice, quite place close to beaches, I would suggest Dennis(NOT WEST DENNIS or DENNISPORT) located at route 6 A. We just come back from there ..we totally loved it! There are 4 beaches in the area and they are spectacular! There are also a plenty of great seafood restaraunts in the area:) We can not wait to come back!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

The "elbow" of the Cape - between Chatham and Truro - has the best scenery and the most awesome beaches. Overnight accommodations run the gamut between campgrounds and plush inns. Orleans and Chatham are better suited for shopping and strolling. Wellfleet's drive-in theater is alive and well but may be closed for the season. Monomoy Point in Chatham is a bird sanctuary that people without binoculars and who wouldn't know a pigeon from a widgeon can still enjoy. This stretch of Cape Cod is one of the quieter sections, not grossly overbuilt and commercialized. Being part of the National Seashore helps.

Park Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

The best town for your requirements is Eastham, with quick access to the National Seashore beaches, which offer some of the most spectacular wild seashore ever. Motels are all along route 6 and come in all price ranges. Eastham offers quick access to Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown. Do not stay anywhere below Eastham (Orleans to Bourne) or you will feel disappointed and miss out on the real Cape experience.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

I have lived all over Cape Cod: Nantucket, Truro, Mashpee, Centerville, and Hyannis. I recently moved to Harwich and I have to say THIS is the true quaint olde Cape Cod. It is not congested and over commercialized like the mid-Cape areas. There are beautiful warm-water beaches on Nantucket Sound, charming shops, wonderful restaurants, many fun-filled family activites, local theater, ferries to Nantucket, seal cruises, kayaking, nature trails, and bike trails. If you truly want to experience Cape Cod, Harwich is the place!

Level Contributor
35 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

I agree with the suggestions of Eastham and Harwich. However, if you love oysters, my vote is for Wellfleet, just north of Eastham. Don't miss the Wellfleet Wildlife Sanctuary, for their great hikes. The Bookstore has great food, as does Finely JP's. There's a wealth of lodging (in Eastham or Wellfleet) to choose from as well. Plus, you can either beach on the Atlantic side or the bay.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

Every Cape visitor has their favorite place--mine is Chatham!! Just returned from a 3-day stay there, and it is both fun and beautiful year-round. Many Cape towns are very quiet off-season. Chatam has the best of both--wth a quaint main street full of shops, galleries and great restaurants (Check out the Chatham Squire!) and some of the most gorgeous beaches on the cape, you will not be disappointed with Chatham.

cape cod, harwich...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

i have lived in harwich port for 18 years. we do have the quiet, relaxed, restful atmosphere people seek, including beautiful private and public beaches, walk to fine and casual dining, bike path, golf, tennis, etc. you'll love it!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

I would have to say Chatham is the nicest town on the cape. I have gone up to Chatham every year for over 17 years and am never dissapointed. Chatham's Main Street is full of nice quaint shops. There is the Chatham Light and The Chatham A's Baseball in the summer. There are also amazing views from many locations throughout Chatham.

Brewster, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

BREWSTER is an adorable town on the Cape. It has a lot of historic charm with the preservation of many of the former sea captain's homes. We are located on cape cod bay & the beaches are a short walk from the downtown. There is an adorable country store. The Cape Cod Rail Trail - a 25 mile paved bike path goes right through Brewster & we are pretty close to the 1/2 way point. There are 2 championship golf courses here in town, several fine dining establishments, kayaking and tennis. Brewster has more antiques shops than any other town on the cape. They are dotted all along Main St. We have Nickerson State park which a fabulous state park with two nice sized ponds. The newest bed & breakfast is the Pepper House Inn, which has been getting rave reviews from its guests. Come & check us out!!

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nicest town in Cape Cod?

Go to Brewster and be sure to catch lowtide and sunset on the bay. Eat dinner at the "Bramble Inn"