We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

leicestershire
Level Contributor
139 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

Hi

have a few spare days and have looked at all the frequent questions section, but couldnt find the suitable answer for us,

Where do you think is the nicest place to stay on cape with a family -ie safe beach, nice play areas etc?

We're in chatham for a few days, then a gap of 5 before heading to fly home from boston

I had thought of maybe provincetown & falmouth, but totally open to ideas!

if you have any specific hotels etc too all the better!!

We ahve a rental care

Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

Both Provincetown & Falmouth are nice places, but if you base yourself in Falmouth, you can check out the islands.

Ferries to Martha's Vineyard leave from Woodshole(outside of Falmouth) and you can probably due a day trip to Martha's Vineyard.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
139 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

Great thanks! Do you know falmouth well? I had been looking at seacrest accomodation, its just being renovated, wondered if its ok?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

You didn't mention how old your children are, nor how many.

When our son was little we liked to stay near Corn Hill in Truro; the beach there is very kid-friendly. I am not sure I'd want to do Provincetown with young children but it's really mostly about what you enjoy - P'town can be crazy in the high season, but it's also fun if you enjoy people-watching.

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

Sorry, I am not that familiar with that resort. But looking at the map, it looks like the place is about ~8 miles from town of Falmouth. So if you want to catch the ferry or check out the shops & restaurants in the town of Falmouth, you might have to drive ~15-20 mts.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,561 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

If you stay at Seacrest you will be located right ON the private portion of popular Old Silver Beach, near the Shining Sea bike path and a short drive into Falmouth. I believe that every room has now been renovated. Make sure that is the case for your room. If you locate here you will be close to the only water park on the Cape: http://www.waterwizz.com/ which opens in early June.

The only indoor 'water park' on the Cape is one that was suggested to you on one of your earlier messages:

capecodderresort.com/cape-cod-family-resort.…

However this hotel is no where close to the beach, in fact is located in a charmless, busy area of Hyannis though it may be what you need to entertain your toddler. I think Falmouth is a very good choice. If you ride the bikes into Woods Hole be sure to check out the Aquarium with a special petting area and seals and more in this small space. Free but adults need photo ID.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

I would be interested to know why you did not think Dennis, Yarmouth, etc did not fit the bill? all have beaches, play areas, are safe, etc. Heck you could just stay in Chatham and can visit Nantucket from the Harwich ferry for a day.

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

Hi--years ago a colleague went every year to Sea Crest resort in Falmouth because it was right on Old Silver Beach

I second the concerns about the Cape codder resort--a friend stayed there one year but had to drive to the beach, attractions for grandchildren, etc.

Chatham is a great option, as is the area of Dennis north of 6A near the bay beaches

8. Re: best place to stay on Cape cod with a family!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:15