We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

Amherst...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

Hi

We've got some time tomorrow between my son's soccer games. I read somewhere in these forums that Craigville Beach has great waves. I find that surprising.

We love to body surf but aren't ready to brave the ocean beaches this early in the season.

Are there really great waves at Craigville? How else would you describe the beach?

Thanks

Alan

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

It's been a few years but I don't remember big waves.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,141 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

Most of the time, no, there are not big waves. Sometimes, if there is a storm passing by (even far off-shore) you'll get some big waves, but they are not an every day occurance.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

If there is a hurricane off shore, the waves get really big.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

Craigville beach is a Nantucket Sound beach, known mostly for its gentle water.....perfect for little ones. If you are looking for dependable surf go to the Atlantic beaches on the east facing side of Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet and Truro.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

You will see waves if there is a hurricane or tropical storm and if the winds are from the SE. This is rare of course.

6. Re: Craigville Beach - great waves - really?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:42