We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Hi all. I've been reading through the forums trying to find the right place to stay. We would like to find a nice resort probably on the beach where us adults can relax for a couple of days and the kids would be kept busy I'm thinking of a lively place. The rest of the week we would spend going on a whale watch, visit to Marthas vineyard, shopping, biking etc. Yarmouth and Hyannis looked interesting. Checked out the red jacket but wondered if that's geared to younger kids? Anchor Inn already booked. Looking to go July 26th for a week,I do realize I am late in booking. No real budget . Any locations input is much appreciated..thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

At this point it may not help you very much to get recommendations if the resorts are already booked up. I would concentrate on trying to find one with vacancies and perhaps ask for any quick comments from the forum.

Have you thought about renting which is the quintessential way to experience a Cape Cod vacation for many of us. www.weneedavacation.com or check with realtors in the towns you mentioned.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Thank you for the link, I will start searching..

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

I recommend Three Seasons Motor Lodge in Dennisport. There is an awesome beach on site, pool and SUPER bar and lunch / breakfast spot PLUS Ocean House next door and Kreme Kone down the road as well as Pirates Cove Mini Golf a bit further down.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

This is the website mentioned by caribchakita. www.threeseasonsresort.com I had a look at the Red Jacket website and the reviews seem to indicate that adults without children stay there too so there's probably a wide range of ages.

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
455 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Yes, Red Jacket does have a wide range of ages staying there. Also, the Red Jacket Group has a number of properties here on the Cape. Stay at one and you have access to the amenities at the others, I believe. Also, each property has a little different atmosphere/ambiance from the others.

If Three Seasons doesn't work out for you, it might be worth calling Red Jacket to see what they have available for your dates of stay at their various Cape Cod properties. The number is 1-800-CAPECOD.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Thank you! I love the look of the Three Seasons, I just emailed them to check availability so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If, not I will probably go with the Red Jacket. In reading through the forum it looks like many people suggest Chatham for teens but I couldn't find availability at any of the places that I thought looked nice. No surprise at this late date, hopefully Three Seasons will come through.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Just about anywhere will be fine for your teens. We have almost always stayed in Orleans and our teens and those of our friends were fine. Even in quiet places you are never far from some kind of activity for them.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

RJ will be great. right on water, things to do there and in area.

Also, getting a home is a great vacation on the cape. don't worry, hard to make wrong decisions. helps to have minimum requirements such as bed rooms, baths, a/c, washer dryer.

Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

Thank you for all the help everyone. Three seasons was booked so went with the Red Jacket. It was 319 a night which came to $2200 but then they tacked on $700 taxes and fees. (ouch!). Anyway, looks like a great place and we cant wait. We are planning on driving from Syracuse on July 26th. Being that its a Thursday, will traffic still be a real issue?

new york
Level Contributor
400 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cape Cod with 13 and 14 year old

You will enjoy the red jacket. The beach there is better and there is beach service so you can enjoy a nice cold cocktail while the kids play on the surf. Chairs and umbrellas provided. Currently staying at another resort hotel in dennisport and somewhat disappointed that we did not book the red jacket this year. Enjoy the cape. Go to skater beach to explore the tide pools.

Edited: 04 July 2012, 12:20