We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Would like to go to Race Point Beach for the day while on vacation but would like to find a place that we can take a cold box type lunch with us while there....any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Well, your title reminded me that you could go to The Box Lunch! Don't know where you're starting from but there are stores in Wellfleet, Truro, and Provincetown. http://www.boxlunch.com/locations.html

And there are many other "sandwich" type places or markets with sandwiches and prepared food to assemble.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Thank you! We are staying at a local motel and will most likely bring some snacks but I read that Race Point Beach~you have to bring your own food, etc. I have my beach chair waiting in our garage to pack into the car! :-)

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,986 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

None of the National Seashore Beaches have snack bars except for Herrign Cove. The beaches are more 'natural' ... no "boardwalk" and pizza shops or salt water taffy ... lots of sea, sand and, hopefull, sun.

There are lots of places to get sandwiches and such. The Boxed Lunch is a good suggestion. On Shankpainter Road, very close to the road to Race Point Beach, has pre-made sandwiches, cheap coolers and ice for sale. If you are starting your vacation by flying ... I'd recommend packing a couple of soft-sideed insulated lunch boxes or one of those 'portable' cold bags from Trader Joes. It will come in handy ... you might want cold beverages at the beach.

Where are you coming from on your way to Race Point?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Most of the supermarkets will have sandwiches as well. My favorite is kosher salami with a pickle. Let me know if you choose that and I will join you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

There's a Box Lunch in Eastham as well, just opposite the Red Barn.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,986 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

OOOPS ... I lost a few words in my previous post. As Neslaw pointed out, the grocery stores have sandwiches sometimes and I was referring to the Stop and Shop on Shankpainter Road.

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
537 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

Soft sided lunch bags or similar larger size is always a great packing item

For any trip. Can always pick one up at your destination.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

There's a refridgerated section at Stop and Shop not far fromt the deli. They have pre-made box lunches that include at sandwich, potato salad, pickel and Cape Cod potato chips for $5.50 each. Just grab and go if you like sandwiches.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

There are several places in Ptown that make good lunches. Try Box Lunch, Commercial at Center Street; Far Land Provision, Bradford at Conwell (with parking); Relish, 93 Commercial in the West End; or Beach Market. Bradford Ext. at W. Vine (parking, I think). No need to settle for prepackaged supermarket food.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions for box lunches to bring to the beach?

We are going to be staying one night in Boston, two nights in Yarmouth and two nights in Provincetown.

We are going to be driving so we will have plenty of room to pack beach chairs, coolers, etc.

Do you have any suggestions of where we can have really nice, delicious dinners?