We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations for a Single?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodations for a Single?

OK, I know that the Cape attracts a lot of families, but can you suggest a few hotels where a single might be able to go in season to relax for a few days ... I expect kids and families to be around to some degree ... just looking for a place that might cater a little less to them and that might be a little less noisy. Prefer close to or on the beach.

Thanks.

Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
590 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Go Boston Card, with Access To...
127 Reviews
from US$59.00*
Special Offer
Small-Group Day Trip to Plymouth and...
5 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
From Boston to Cape Cod Day Trip...
188 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Can you give us a bit more information? Which area of the cape are you considering? Type of accommodation? Price range?

As the innkeeper at the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast in Eastham, I am partial to the outer cape where you will never be too far from the water. Eastham is only 3 miles wide from the ocean to the bay so although you won't be right on the water, you will never be too far from it! If you want to be right on the beach then consider a place like the Crow's Nest in N. Truro. Unfortunately, beach locations draw a lot of families so there is no guarantee that kids won't be running up and down the deck in front of your unit. But the location is lovely and if you are arriving after the start of school openings you may miss most of the families.

For adult only accommodations look at B+B's. Many of them do not accept children and will be quieter.

Mentioned in this post
Eastham
Eastham
Cape Cod, MA
Truro
Truro
Cape Cod, MA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I actually was thinking of something more in the South Yarmouth/Harwich/Chatham area although nothing on the ocean side is really out. Looking to stay away from Provincetown (I'm not gay). Looking for something maybe max $200-$260 max per night. I had been looking at the Red Jacket resorts in South Yarmouth, but some of the reviews speak about thin walls and constant noise from children. Don't get me wrong, I like kids and don't mind them being around and playing and making noise during the day. Just wanna be able to get a decent night's sleep. Also, this would be for last week in August (next week) so availability will probably be limited.

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
South Yarmouth
South Yarmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Harwich
Harwich
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

I think Yellowbird has sent you in the right direction. Most B&Bs don't accept kids and you get the added benefit of meeting some nice folks, other travelers, over breakfast as well as chatting with your hosts who can make suggestions for things you can do and see that match your interests. You can be alone but also have some company at least part of your day.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

I was posting while you were too. Next week the majority of the familes will be off the Cape so just select anything that appeals to you. Back to the B&B theme, there is one called By the Sea guests ON the sand in Dennisport and very close to the west edge of Harwich. You could also look at motels in that area like Three Seasons with it's own (new) beach bar right next to the Ocean House, a very adult restaurant. Or the next one down is Colony Beach motel with its renovated rooms. Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Harwich
Harwich
Cape Cod, MA
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Thanks for your suggestions. None are rated by AAA and on Tripadvisor, I would say the reviews are mixed at best. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Have you considered Winstead Beach Resort?

www.winsteadinn.com/beach-resort/index.php

It's a little pricier, but quite nice and right on the beach.

Edited: 21 August 2012, 15:41
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Thanks, will take a look.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

Try the Tern Inn in West Harwich -- it's not on the beach, but within walking distance. It's a quiet location, and they have Adirondack chairs under the trees where you can read or doze, and lots of birds (sometimes you'll hear owls at night!).

9. Re: Accomodations for a Single?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod