We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great White Shark

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great White Shark

The great white shark called Mary Lee which was tagged last year on the Cape has been tracked heading towards Bermuda, (our other most favourite place on earth!! ) Got quite close apparently. Must have got fed up (pun) swimming up and down the east coast in bad weather and headed out for warmer climes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great White Shark

Mary Lee has the right idea! But, seriously, that they are tracking her is very interesting. Keep us updated. Thanks.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Great White Shark

I didn't know that they were tracking her either.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great White Shark

I think I remember that she got tagged for tracking. Its a good thing as Great Whites are really a mystery in how much territory that they roam (among others) and where they travel. Hopefully they can learn some from her.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great White Shark

where did you read about her whereabouts Senior? If you learn more maybe you'll drop the info on here?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great White Shark

There's quite a bit of information that can be found online after googling Mary Lee. I found this: …bermudastream.com/2013/…

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Great White Shark

Thanks for the link, robfg51, interesting. CCC, I saw the report in the Bermuda newspaper, The Royal Gazette.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great White Shark

The story was also on ABC evening news

Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
881 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great White Shark

http://sharks-ocearch.verite.com/

If you want to track Mary Lee...go to this website as its the official tracking site for her and all the other Great Whites plus others they have tagged. The reason she made the press is because she has been surfacing quite frequently enabling them to get a good track on her.

When you go on the site. Look on the left hand side and you will see a number of drop down boxes. Select Mary Lee, and then from another box you can select various segments of her movements, from the last 24 hrs to all of them since she was tagged.

I check it on a regular basis. Love websites like this

Pete

9. Re: Great White Shark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod