We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Family Trip to Cape Cod

3 posts
Save Topic
September Family Trip to Cape Cod

My husband and I and our 2 year old son will be heading up to the Cape for a few days in September. Where is the most family-friendly destination? We love the beach but would like to do a little exploring as well. Thanks fo your input!!

Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
588 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Go Boston Card
127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
Small-Group Day Trip to Plymouth and...
5 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
38 Reviews
from US$60.00*
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,531 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

Personally ... At that age I would look for something literally ON the beach so when your little one is napping or in bed for the night, you and hubby can sit outside with your baby monitor.

We stay in Days' Cottages and did they when my kids were very young. They are located on rte 6A in N.Truro. Other places with similar set ups in that area include Top Mast and Crow's Nest resorts.

Happy Planning!

Level Contributor
5,976 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

Personally I think the whole cape is family friendly, but I would suggest staying somewhere centrally located (Yarmouth or Dennis) so you can do day trips to various places and nothing will be too far. If you want to stay on the beach in Yarmouth you can look at the Red Jacket or Blue Water.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

The days cottages are very nice, but as mentioned, Yarmouth and Dennis are centrally located, with lots more to do nearby. You can still take daytrips to all the beautiful areas from that home base.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

If it is only a few days, then you can stay anywhere and explore whatever area you choose. All fam friendly. Only difference is if you stay further up the cape, then you are a ways from Falmouth (Woods Hole and MV Ferry) and if you stay lower cape, then you are farther from Orleans, Wellfleet, Provincetown and if you stay in Dennis then you are an hour from either place. We get this question dozens of times in all variations and unless there is something specific which can only be done from a single location, then it just doesn't matter if you stay on the bay, ocean upper, mid or lower cape. There are adults and kids of all ages everywhere.

Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

It's the other way around, Neslaw. Falmouth is Upper Cape, Orleans etc. is Lower Cape.

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
590 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

Senior65: That goes well with what I say: Cape Cod is "geographically challenged"

Cause why else would:

South Chatham be west of West Chatham?

Rt 28 South be used to go South, East, and North?

Rt 6 East be used to drive West?

West Harwich be south of Harwich?

and so on....

7. Re: September Family Trip to Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21