We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid October visit

Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Mid October visit

We are thinking about visiting Cape Cod around 10th October for a week. Can you please let me know if the foilage would be near peak (weather dependent of course) by then? Also would there be any chance of spotting a whale or is it out of season?

I am concerned that there would not be enough to do for a week. We are not real cultural buffs and not into museums. We do enjoy a good coastal walk. Happy to drive a for an hour or so if there are places woth seeing an hour or so away. We have been to the White Mountains for fall so was looking for other places to visit in New England. We will be on a timeshare exchange so will based in one part of the Cape.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid October visit

People don't really visit Cape Cod for fall colors, but there are trees that do turn. Whale watching will still be going on in early October, I am not sure how many whales are around then.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid October visit

You will have to go out in a whale watch boat to see the whales. From Barnstable Harbor or Provincetown. As Owl says colours will not be the same as in other areas of Canada and New England, wrong type of trees for the most part. But there will be some. October could be a good month for walking but you may want to take some warmer clothes with you.

3. Re: Mid October visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19