We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

We'll be staying with friends in Chatham for a couple of nights in late August and will have another few nights to explore. I'd like to find a special hotel or B&B, up to about $300/night to celebrate this memorable anniversary. Nothing too stuffy. My friends recommended Orleans or Eastham, but we're open to other suggestions. Bikes and/or kayaks would also be nice.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

Well, my number 1 suggestion would be Fort Hill B & B in Eastham, second would be the Captain Freeman in Brewster and third The Platinum Pebble in West Harwich.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

I'll second the Fort Hill b&b,, great spot, with nice peaceful walking trails nearby; just took a hike there myself recently! Congrats on your anniversary!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

Nothing too stuffy? How about the Wayside Inn in Chatham on Main Street? There's another hotel/motel on Shore Road in Chatham not far from Chatham Bars Inn but I can't remember the name of it. It has lawns leading down to the ocean.

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

Thanks so much for the suggestions! We booked at the Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

Excellent, enjoy! and happy 25th!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

That's awesome! It's right across the road from the whaling Capt. Penniman house, great historic locale,, have a wonderful time! :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

The motel I was referencing is The Hawthorne. Have fun!

8. Re: suggestions for accomodations for 25th wedding anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 07:18