We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireflies!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Fireflies!

Enjoy the magic of summer evenings...the twinkling of the fireflies! :)

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireflies!

Haven't seen fireflies for a long time. Not sure that I've ever seen them on the Cape, but I know what you mean.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 17:06
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireflies!

In April the Massachusetts forum had a discussion on fireflies that lasted until June.

Yarmouth, MA
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireflies!

Hmmmm. Now that I think about it, I haven't noticed fireflies around here in quite a while. I'll have to take a peek outside tonite to see if there are any "lightning bugs" (as we called them when we were kids) around the neighborhood.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireflies!

I saw them last nite,,, and every summer,, near the wooded areas. It such a special part of summer for me!, hope y'all spot the lightening bugs too! :)

Edited: 07 July 2013, 23:04
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireflies!

I'm on the cape now and all I see are June bugs. Lol. I have never seen these things anywhere but on cape. They are ginormous!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireflies!

Weird, didn't see any tonite :(

7. Re: Fireflies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19