We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clam cakes

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Clam cakes

Where is the best place to get clam cakes and chowder? I figure alot of the clam shacks will be closed by the time im there (sep 23-30). I will be staying in Wellfleet and will have a car so driving is not an issue.

Thanks!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clam cakes

Clam cakes? I don't think I have ever seen that on a menu on Cape Cod. Fried clams, clam rolls, but clam cakes?

As for chowder, I like the Lobster Pot in Provincetown best.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clam cakes

I was afraid of that!! Perhaps it's more of a RI thing? I grew up in RI and would go to Evelyn's for clam cakes in the summer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clam cakes

I'm not familiar with clam cakes either. In addition to fried clams, and raw clams, I think I've seen stuffed clams on local menus. Most places will probably be open through at least September.

Don't forget to try Wellfleet oysters. I like my chowder on the thin side which is not how most people like it. Mac's Shack is one of my favorite restaurants but I wasn't ordering chowder anywhere when I was there last week. Also, try Pearl, the Wicked Oyster, and PJ's for seafood and shellfish.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clam cakes

Yes, I will definitely try the oysters!

Well I guess clam cakes are off the list, such a shame since they are so good!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clam cakes

Clam cakes are definitely more a RI thing! I always get them from Iggy's there!

You'll still find stuffies here, and plenty of fried clams and chowda. Happy eating!

Edited: 05 August 2013, 20:26
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clam cakes

I'm pretty a /clam /cake /is / /the /same /as /a /clam /fritter. / /If /so, /I /know /they /sell /them /at /Baxter;'s /Fish /and /Chips /in /Hyannis. / /But, /that /late /in /September /they;'re /only /open /Thursdays-Sundays. / /I /don;'t /know /why /there;'s /a /slash /mark /before /every /word. / /This /is /annoying.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clam cakes

Speaking of fritters,, the Ebb Tide Restaurant, in Dennisport has lobster fritters!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Clam cakes

Oh ok awesome!! Thank you so much:)

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clam cakes

Clam cakes are also on the menu at Captain Frosty's in Dennis. Their website says they are open April through September.

10. Re: Clam cakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:17