We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bribing with clam chowder

Bronx, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bribing with clam chowder

Hi! I am moving to Harwich next week and bringing my mom to see my new town. She's not too happy for me (she wanted me to move back to my home city, hehe!)

Anyway I want to make sure she has a great time and that she loves the Cape as much as I do! Luckily she is a huge fan of clam chowder. Unluckily, I'm not, so I don't know which places are actually good AND open this time of year.

Can anyone help? I'm willing to travel a little bit past Harwich, but we'll be heading back up in the evening so upper cape works too.

Thank you!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

Our favorite chowder is in Provincetown at Bayside Betsy's. If that is too far to travel you might try the Land 'Ho. Our guests love the clam chowder at the Orleans location but I'm not sure about the Harwich Land 'Ho. They will certainly be open, however so that part of the problem should be taken care of.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

Captain Parker's in Yarmouth wins awards for their best chowder. I have not been there in a few years but I assume it is still delicious.

Enjoy!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

I think that the Lobster Pot in Provincetown has the best. Captain Parker's is also good. Quite difference style from most of the Cape's chowder.

Bronx, New York
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

Thank you all! Ptown is probably a little too far out, but I'll check out the others. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
377 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

My daughter's favorite chowder is right in harwich at The Hot Stove. She likes the potato-clam ratio. I don't eat clam chowder but it seems to me this is tough to recommend as some people like extra creamy while others don't, etc but since you are right there anyways, you might as well give it a shot!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

Another recommendation for Captain Parkers if your mom likes her chowder on the "thicker" side.

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

I love good chowda! Capt Parkers, in west Yarmouth, and the Black Cat Tavern, in Hyannis; both delicious, both award winning. Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

All great suggestions......all the best in your new home!!

9. Re: Bribing with clam chowder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21