We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers from UK

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First timers from UK

Hi - we're visiting the Cape end July 14 for a couple of weeks. We are a family of 5 from the UK - 3 kids aged 12, 9 & 7. I've been looking at rental homes and and have narrowed it down to a couple; one just outside Oyster Harbors near Osterville and another along Great Island Way. Any views on most suited to kids who enjoy swimming, cycling and access to shops, restaurants (waking distance). Any help much appreciated.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers from UK

Ask the folks you're potentially renting from. Difficult for us to know the property specifics and what's around them.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers from UK

Thanks, will do. Just wanted to check if anyone else knew the areas. Cheers.

South Dennis...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers from UK

Hello Robert,

I am a long time Cape resident. I recommend that you choose the Osterville location. The village there is charming and has several restaurants, shops and markets. Dowses Beach is nearby and is very nice. I think there is a fishing pier on part of it. Great Island itself is lovely, but the area nearby is far more touristy, with high traffic congestion. I hope this helps.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers from UK

Thanks ever so much. Really appreciate your response. Looking forward to a great holiday!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,800 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers from UK

Debby G. Welcome to the Cape Cod forum with that nice comparison for Robert. I hope you will contribute here often.

6. Re: First timers from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16