We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Sea Coast Inn (Hyannis) as good

Belding, Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Sea Coast Inn (Hyannis) as good

as the reviews say?

The reviews on TA sound great - but I noticed that alot of the reviews were posted within a day of each other over the last few months. Its seems a little fishy to me.

Can anyone give me first hand knowledge of the hotel?

Thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Sea Coast Inn (Hyannis) as good

Hi - I like you wondered how true these reviews could be - I even asked on the forum and no one responded to me so - I thoughtI should respond to you - I did read a review the end of the July as well .

I stayed at the Seacoast Inn this summer just for two nights. I had extended my vacation at the cape to attend a performance at the Melody Tent . I figured that I might as well be closer to the Tent than stay at my previous place in Dennisport - which would have required that I change accomodations anyway. Seacost price was 108.00 for two per night in July - which is very good. Previously I had paid 250.00 per night on the water.

My room was on the ground floor and was diagnally across the parking for the ofice check in area. The room overlooked the village green. My room was absolutely clean and everything was quite new . The room had two windows on opposite ends of the room

both opened but there was an aircondiioning unit in the room.

The bathroom was brand new and adequate - maybe a bit more counter space would have been good.

The room had a ref, microwave breakfast bar , utensils and dinnerware, coffepot etc, iron etc. Two comfortable chairs and a good size TV

There is a cold breakfast buffet each day that is unmatched by most motels.

On of the last reviewer posed some issues

the parking lot - There are adequate amount of spaces although the lane in the center is narrow and does require some thought. . It is the same at my new work site - The best soluition is to back in -

The shade - which probably could be a blind instead.

The maidsI found them fine and timely - they were under supervision of a head supevisor and Teri . There was a little sign to make up the room faster. if you chose.

The location of the room - my room did not face the alley nor any lights .When I called I did ask about having a quiet room.

I wondered if they spoke with Teri and AL to get some help to address some of the problems if they could. For example one morning I asked was the convenient store a close walk - I wanted to but the paper - Teri wanted her husband to go and get me the paper !! On my first night I had asked if there was going to be a band concert that night - Al was not sure but when Teri came in they came down to the room with the nights schedule!

This property is great especially for those who will be active and visit different sites or walk to the ferries , restaurants or take different day trips . It is good for those who want the feeling of a small place with the attention of owners who care about their customers.

It is not for someone who likes to sit on a balcony or be poolside, or have a game room or lounge on the premise - there are none of these.

Hope this helps

I

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
910 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Sea Coast Inn (Hyannis) as good

My son and I spent three nights two weeks ago. I submitted my review a few days ago - it should be up on TA soon (I hope).

I agree with the comments of the poster above (sorry can't see your name while I am typing this reply). Al and Terri go out of their way to get you what you need. They drove us to dinner one night, looked for a hotel for us in Boston for the night before our flight back, had beach towels and chairs when we asked. Heck they even offered to do some of my laundry after I spilled milk at the breakfast one morning.

I had concerns with the narrow parking lot and my rental car - Terri offered to put a cone in one of the front spots to make it easier for me to get it parked.

If you want luxury or a quiet secluded place, the SeaCoast is probably not for you. If you want clean and comfortable and to be treated like family - this is the place for you.

As for a lot of reviews being posted within a few days - they are only open from May through November. Very few reviews get posted during the winter and spring. And I believe they are getting a lot business from TA readers - and I think most of us who look here do end up posting reviews.

3. Re: Is the Sea Coast Inn (Hyannis) as good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 10:29