We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape cod

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Cape cod

Hi! My husband and I are going to be in boston first weekend of August. We were thinking of taking a quick trip to cape cod leaving Boston Sunday and coming back Tuesday. We've never been so any recommendations would be great. Thinking of taking ferry straight to Provincetown but not sure. We really want to go to nantucket or Martha's vineyard but only have 2 days and don't want to waste time traveling. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Be are 34 and leaving our one year old behind. We enjoy wine, bars, good food, spas, and shopping

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape cod

Two days is not long enough to see the Cape and the two islands. You may have a problem getting accommodation in Provincetown for less than three nights. You could settle for a day trip. If you are not taking a car it will be very difficult and time consuming to see anything of the Cape

You could also take the bus from Boston to Wood's Hole and do a day trip to the Vineyard. Could be difficult to get accommodation for two nights.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape cod

I am just wondering what is worth going to for 2 days. Taking ferry straight to Provincetown and spending 2 days there? Or driving to Falmouth? Then taking ferry to Martha's Vineyard? I just have 2 days so was looking for a sample itinerary to make sure I spent my time wisely. I can rent a car but didn't want to waste time driving and getting stuck in traffic.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,327 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape cod

If you take the ferry to Provincetown then getting to the islands is difficult. You would be better off staying in Provincetown for the two days, if you can find a place in the middle of the summer for that short a time. It is difficult. I would make a decision quickly and then begin to look for a place to stay if that is what you want to do.

http://ptownchamber.com/

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape cod

Only 2 days? Skip the islands and spend a couple of days in Provincetown. You will have more than enough to do in 2 days. Take a look at Kim Grant's Explorer's Guide for Cape Cod and the Islands for some sample itineraries. You can find her newest 10th edition on Amazon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape cod

If you really want to see the Islands, then I would suggest heading to Falmouth for 2 days to see the upper cape region. In one of the two days, do a day trip to Martha's Vineyard by taking the ferry from Woods Hole.

6. Re: Cape cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:17