We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Topic
Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

I checked on the weather channel and the forecast is wishy washy. Are you expecting any impact from the hurricane or no? thank you

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

We don't know any more than you. If you are on Twitter, I would suggest following the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center or just checking them out online

Edited: 02 July 2014, 20:10
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

for what area? forecast is better for Boston than for the Cape

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

Still too early to tell if we will get tropical storm effects...certainly not hurricane force winds since the ocean waters are still pretty cold here off Cape Cod.

Wait until the storm center gets a bit further north, past Cape Hatteras, to get a better idea of what we might get. The forecast is uncertain enough that this could be one of those ocean storms that brings huge waves but no rain.

We always plan for the worst and hope for the best!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

thank you, all.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

was looking for Cape weather, posted on the cape forum I think.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

I heard the Hyannis fireworks are cancelled already. I live south of Boston and it's crazy windy here already. I assume it has to do with the storm coming up the coast but I'm not sure.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

It will certainly rain Friday into Saturday on the Cape and gusty winds are expected. Also there are thunderstorms expected today and tomorrow as part of a front before the actual storm. I watch the marine and local forecasts pretty carefully as I keep a boat in Buzzards Bay.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

Nothing that is happening now is due to Arthur. It hasn't reached Baltimore (or Ocean City) yet.

Locally, the weather folks are pretty sure it will be over 100 miles east of OC. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will miss the Cape or by how much. I am leaving tomorrow nite for CC and will let you know saturday what happened on Friday. I am staying optimistic and have not canceled my bike rental for Sat and Sun but we did switch our big lobster feast to Sat.

conn
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

The most accurate forecast from the National Weather Service.

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekend, July 4, 2014: Locals: What's the weather forecast?

If you use the gov. weather forecast you really need to read the discussion to sort it out. They lay out the probabilities so you can see how confident they are of their forecast. Even then....the cape is tricky and they miss about as much as they hit with these storms.