We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach stickers

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Beach stickers

Basically, we have decided not to buy a week long sticker for any particular town's beaches. We are staying on a private beach, so we will primarily use that beach and if we feel like going to a different beach, we'll just pay the daily rate for parking.

My question is, I'm assuming you can just pay for parking at any beach entrance? Just want to make sure we don't have to go somewhere specific to buy a sticker for just one day.

Thanks! :)

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach stickers

You are more than welcome to pay at any beach entrance as long as it's a public, and not residents only beach.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach stickers

Perfect! Thank you!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach stickers

That is *not* accurate for a lot of beaches on the Cape. For many you need to go to the Town Hall & buy a sticker there.

Here is a link with correct information:

oncape.com/beaches/cape-cod-beach-sticker-in…

Edited: 09 July 2014, 17:44
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach stickers

But if you are only going to a town beach for a day you do not need a sticker and may buy a one day admission at the gate. At least that is the way it works on beaches in Eastham and Wellfleet.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach stickers

That is also the way it's worked for several beaches I've visited over the years throughout the cape. Day pass can be purchased as you enter the parking lot.

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach stickers

Some beaches require stickers for any user during prime hours but may not have a manned gate so you may get a ticket if they find you parked there w/o one...that's the cases wher you ahve to go to Town Hall or another manned beach to buy sticker or pay for a day pass.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,010 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach stickers

Towns complicate the beach sticker process. It once took me over one hour to buy a sticker to the Eastham beaches. Anyone getting a sticker had to prove who they were and where they were staying and fill out forms. Buy if you want a pass to the National Seashore you stop at the gate, give the attendant your money and get your pass. Took 15 seconds.

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach stickers

It depends on which town and which beach. Some town beaches are sticker only and you need to demonstrate you are staying in that town to get one. For example, in Wellfleet you can pay a daily fee at the Cape Cod National Seashore Beach at Marconi or the town beach at Cahoon Hollow, but the latter in particular fills early. All the other Wellfleet beaches and ponds are sticker only. It would be best to research the specific places you want go to make sure you can get in when you get there.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach stickers

Wow, sounds very confusing indeed. From an outsider prospective, it seems that it would be much easier to provide a weekly sticker option for people and then allow people who just want a daily pass for a beach to pay at the gate. I guess I'll have to decide which beaches I want to go to and then figure out if I have to go to town to obtain a sticker....hmmmm.

Thanks for all the responses.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach stickers

Each town has different ways of doing it - not all towns have the resources to have an attendant at each beach parking lot to collect fees.