We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

I am having a really difficult time deciding on where to stay in the cape code area July 26/27 through July 29. I would like to incorporate a ferry trip to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket island also. All of the hotels near the ferry launches seem older or outdated. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

Will you have a car?

Boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

If you only have two days, I may suggest sticking to Cape Cod. the islands are beautiful but can be timely and costly to get to. What are you looking to do? What are your interests? If you like beaches and nature, stick to the outer Cape (Eastham to Provincetown). You can get a pass for the National Seashore beaches (federal) and see much of the best beauty. If you like history, quaint, stay on the mid Cape 6A side (Barnstable, Yarmouth, Sandwich). Hyannis is touristy and not what it once was. More info is needed to provide better guidance.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

yes, I will have a car

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

I think beaches and nature is the #1 goal of the trip with maybe a little browsing/sight seeing too.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

There's very little new building on the Cape in the way of hotels. The style of building may look old or outdated and in fact many guest houses, inns and B & Bs are indeed very old. More than a hundred years old. Perhaps tell us what kind of accommodation that you are looking for and some idea of budget.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

It is not easy to find a place to stay for less than a full week during the summer. Often the only choice that you have is the roadside motel. If beaches and nature are of interest I would suggest perhaps looking at the outer Cape near the National Seashore.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

At this late date beggars can't be choosers. If you can find a place, grab it and enjoy.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

There are many motels along Route 6 in Eastham and Wellfleet. Many of them are quite decent. You will probably not be spending a lot of time in the room anyway. Lots of out-of-door activities on the Outer Cape: nature and hiking trails, National Seashore and town beaches, Wellfleet Bay Audubon Sanctuary. The towns of Wellfleet and Provincetown are great for browsing and sightseeing.

http://www.wellfleetchamber.com/

http://ptownchamber.com/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

The Cove Bluffs motel in Eastham

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41555-d226542-…

has exactly 1 unit available for those 3 nights (checking in Saturday, leaving Tuesday) -- a queen-bedded studio suite, with efficiency kitchen, for $185/night, before taxes:

http://www.covebluffs.com/rooms.html

I'd jump on that, unless you are happy to to pay upwards of twice as much.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute Cape Cod Vacation

Oops, I've realized I neglected to tell you, Ricki, that all the suites at what is now properly denominated as the Cove Bluffs Inn (name changed after new owners took over in March) have been refreshed this year, including renovated bathrooms. So although the Inn is not of recent construction, perhaps the do-over of the suites will make it more appealing to you than what you've been seeing online..