We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
england
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Britain's best view

guardian.co.uk/travel/…uk.wales

Not sure about Stonehenge being included though...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Britain's best view

......or Blackpool pier! Plenty of other good ones there tho'

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Britain's best view

<<< Edinburgh from Calton Hill, Strathclyde, Scotland. >>>

Strathclyde!!!!

england
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Britain's best view

Must be a good camera to get such a clear shot from Strathclyde.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Britain's best view

<<< Must be a good camera to get such a clear shot from Strathclyde >>>

Extremely good - the picture is taken from the East end of Princes Street facing west - and Strathclyde is a loooooonnnnnnnggggg way west of that, so the camera has to circumnavigate the globe to get that shot

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Britain's best view

Just returned from a weekend break in Liverpool, and the view from the Mersey Ferry as you approach the Harbour takes some beating, even with all the cranes!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Britain's best view

Is this taken from the programme that was on ITV tonight? I saw some of it. Edinburgh the best of what I saw (obviously biased) but the white cliffs were quite impressive. But Blackpool!!!! No offence but I don't think it ranks amongst the best views in Britain. What about the spectacular highland scenery of Scotland and the amazing remote beaches on the north and west coasts of Scotland.

While these may not be as well known as the likes of Blackpool they are surely more beautiful.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Britain's best view

The following programme with Gryff Rhys-Jones showed Glencoe in all it's glory. That would be up there for me.

As an Englishman, the White Cliffs presses my buttons but as I sit here in Dalgety Bay overlooking the Forth with Edinburgh the other side and the Pentland Hills behind it, I voted for Edinburgh.

I love the place!

Agree on Blackpool, seen better days and unlikely to get a vote sadly.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Britain's best view

Yes dicanio those were the sorts of views that I was expecting.

9. Re: Britain's best view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:16