We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new plan for cornwall

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Topic
new plan for cornwall

OK, after being told several time by trusted TALF'ers that I was crazy to try to do Cornwall in one day I think I have tweaked my schedule enough to be able to pick up a rental car on a Monday morning in Bristol, make my way to Tintagel then explore the rest of the day possibly ending up in Plymouth. The next day presents my dillema, should I return the car in Bristol and go back to bussing it to Bath then Gatwick, or keep the car and pay the extra day and fee for different site return and drive?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: new plan for cornwall

I am also looking for a reliable car rental company, had worked my way through most of a reservation with one company before seeing in the fine print that they required the renter to have held a British license for two years....that was not mentioned anywhere else in the rental policy and then stated that if you failed to meet requirements, they did not have to refund your money. Would like to pick up in Bristol and drop off at Gatwick.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,232 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new plan for cornwall

I don't see how these companies can insist on you having a UK license. Maybe you should ask a travel agent to help.

Europcar quote £68.24 for a compact manual to be picked up early morning from Bristol and returned to Gatwick the following afternoon as against £53.25 for return to Bristol. Sounds reasonable.