We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in-flight food - please help!

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
in-flight food - please help!

Hi, perhaps a strange question.... have just booked my family with Jet2 next March but am resisting the in-flight meals at £7 each, each way.

Does anyone know what, if any, food you can take through the airport with you?

I see people on planes with food obviously brought from home but can't find any guidance notes on this.

I know you can only take drinks bought in the duty free area from the UK, we're flying from Leeds, Bradford and don't know what shops will be there to buy food and drinks from.

Any help or advice is appreciated by my hungry kids!

**Have also posted this on a couple of other forums, am posting here as suggested by one reply to get answers about flying OUT of UK, thanks***

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in-flight food - please help!

Hi there

Of course, there's no obligation to take the in flight meals. I often take my own stuff with me inside my cabin bag, sandwiches, chocolate bars, crisps, a plastic container of salad or whatever. I've never been asked "not to eat it".

Most airports have various snack bars/shops/cafes, etc, once you've gone through security so you can buy your stuff, including drinks once there.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: in-flight food - please help!

"Hi, perhaps a strange question.... have just booked my family with Jet2 next March but am resisting the in-flight meals at £7 each, each way."

Not strange at all for someone from Yorkshire :-)

The security restrictions are purely for LIQUIDS. Take whatever non-liquid food you want.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in-flight food - please help!

We normally buy sandwiches at the Boots shop in the airport. Nobody has ever commented on this at security or on the aircraft.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: in-flight food - please help!

Also as a yorkshire man & woman we always take food with us on the no frills fights. We buy drinks airside.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: in-flight food - please help!

Just to make it clear. Take a packup from home in a sandwich box. It's cheaper and better then buying at airport.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: in-flight food - please help!

Remember no liquids also includes yoghurts and so on (a staple in a pack up at our house!).

7. Re: in-flight food - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 07:19