We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1car1.com goes bust

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,351 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
1car1.com goes bust

Just saw on the BBC that 1car1 the family run car rental company based in Leeds has gone up the swanee.

I just recommended them on the edinburgh forum and seconds later I see the news story.

750 people will lose thier jobs and I will lose my regular car hire company. Was just about to book a car through them for the US in June.

Anyway if you are looking at booking with this company then they are no more. I know I'm not the only one who recommends them on here.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,351 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1car1.com goes bust

Sorry to bump this but when I was doing a search to see if there was already a thread on this I ofund a few people who had either booked o were going to.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1car1.com goes bust

Sad. I've recommend them too. No news yet from the administrators on what happens to people who've already booked their cars through them.

Some contact info for anyone who needs it:

UK Call Centre

Address: 15/17 Walter Street, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS4 2BB

Telephone: +44 (0) 113 387 5866

Fax: +44 (0) 113 263 6675

Email: sales@1car1.com

US Call Centre

Address: 551 5th Avenue, 7th Floor, Suite 725, New York 10176

Telephone: 1 866 362 3121

Email: us@1car1.com

AUS Call Centre

Address: Level 2, 15 Blue Street, North Sydney NSW 2060

Telephone: 1300 132 835

Fax: +61 2 9957 5800

Email: sales@1car1.com.au

Good luck everyone.

3. Re: 1car1.com goes bust

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 05:32