We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Groups for Young Professionals???

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Groups for Young Professionals???

I'm in my mid-twenties and looking to travel (to Europe or Asia) by myself. Are there any tour groups out there that are geared towards "younger" adults? I once took a Contiki trip that was geared towards 18-35 year olds. It worked well, but I'm looking for other itinerary options. I just feel that many tour groups are frequented by older populations or couples. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! I'm looking to travel anywhere, and usually it helps to go with a group to make it more affordable. Thanks!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Groups for Young Professionals???

<<<I'm looking to travel anywhere, and usually it helps to go with a group to make it more affordable>>>

Ummm... I would double check this assumption. I'm spending less than $1,500 (CAD) for a week in Paris - hotel, air (into London), Eurostar and a city tour included. You just need to check everything! Don't rely only on sites like Expedia because I've never seen them have the best airfare. Try www.itasoftware.com as they tend to have the widest range... although even they don't have everything available.

Check a couple travel guides out of your local library and read everything you can find on here - you'll be amazed at how inexpensive you can make a trip if that's your goal. Think you'll be lonely? Stay in hostels - you're the perfect age group and you'll make instant friends.

Sorry I can't help with the tour groups - it's just really not my thing. Have fun!

UK
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Groups for Young Professionals???

What about "Explore" WWW.explore.co.uk - i think they are called "Adventure Center" in the states.

They do trips travelling in smaller groups of people to loads of places around the world Europe and Asia included.

But, why not backpack / go solo - I have and I've also done many countries on my own with 4 children in tow it's easy.

You don't *have* to rough it - I've turned up at some very high end hotels over the years in walking boots and backpack and if they value my tourist spending power which most do they are as nice to me as those who arrive by limo!

Travelling around Europe's the same as anywhere else in the world can be as cheap or expensive as you make it. And there are lots of sites specifically for young people with tips on where to stay, what type of ticket is best value for any given mode of transport in any given country that sort of thing.

Where to get the best food, right down to which airports are best for sleeping in and how to get away with it if you find you need to.

I think not having a set itinerary doesn't neccesarily mean not having the vaguest clue where you will be from one day to the next, just that you are not tied.

Going solo can be daunting but as long as you use common sence you'll be fine plus plenty of people on TA forums to give you advise.

Just my opinion though -lol

:0)