We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

Canada
Level Contributor
399 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

I will be in the economy section and I understand that there is food available for additional cost.

How much would it run me? Is it worth it? I tend to eat like a horse (5-6 times a day too).

World
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

Not much Hay or Oats on board, but the food isn't chaep. With planning, you can pick up something at a Supermarket beforehand, and take it with you.

Canada
Level Contributor
399 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

Anything in the stations that I can pick up and bring on board?

I need meat/protein :)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,928 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

Stations are like airports these days - shopping malls, with some transport in the background.

You can buy any food you need before boarding.

By the way, what trains provide free food with the cheap seats? If you buy on board you get the usual selection of blah pizzas and sandwiches at double the normal price.

The journey is only just over two hours and you are going to a foodie capital of the world. Your choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
399 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

The thing is...I'll be arriving at London Stansted hours before my departure from St Pancras. So I'm sure I could use some nibble :)

I guess I'll see what they have in the terminal of St Pancras. Hopefully take-out chicken salads, meat, or whatever.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

Buy before you travel. Eurostar have limited amounts of food in the buffet car, sometimes they run out of certain 'microwave'snacks and there's a hell of a queue to buy stuff anyway.

It's only a two and a half hour journey. Have your equine related meal before you get on the train and again when you arrive in Paris.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

There's plenty of eateries at St Pancras

London
Level Contributor
840 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

If you have time go to a sandwich shop or bakery outside the station itself. There are a few around (eg on Pentonville Road and Kings Cross Road).

8. Re: Meals on board the Eurostar from London to Paris and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 08:21