We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

Hi we are looking at booking the De Vere St Davids Park in Oct for the weekend. Found a deal for £148 per couple 2 nights B&B and 1st night dinner. Is this good for what we would be getting?

I have heard parking is difficult in Chester . Is there a bus stop near the hotel or a park and ride ? Are taxi's reasonable? And is there anywhere local to the hotel to eat out on the second night?

We had originally looked at the George and Dragon in Chester but got put off when I posted some questions on here.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

It's a few years since I stayed there so I can't give an up to date view on the hotel but the rate you've got is good for B&B and the dinner.

Parking in Chester isn't difficult, actually it's quite easy. For an ancient town there's a lot of parking in the city centre. It just costs a few quid. I usually use the multi storey car parks - either Pepper Street or the Grosvenor Centre.

There is also a good park & ride service. Car parking is free, and the adult return bus fare costs just £1.70 (kid free). You'll need to get your bus ticket from the machine in the car park. So make sure you have change. From the St Davids, use either the Wrexham Road or the Sealand Road car parks. Details here:

cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/transport_and_…

There's also a bus (Arriva No 4) from near the hotel into Chester.

Have fun.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

Thanks for the information I'm sure it will be helpful.

Do you know if there are any decent places to eat within walking distance for the second night?

thanks

Mol x

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

Sorry Mol it's not a side of Chester that I know particularly well. I'll ask around and see if I can get any recommendations for you.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

Thanks C.Cat that would be lovely.

5. Re: Anyone stayed at the De Vere St Davids park chester lately??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 06:19