We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Cradley Heath...
Level Contributor
87 posts
322 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Have you had a really good short break using your clubcard vouchers.

Ive managed a short break in London Docklands at Novotel for 2 nights B&B with a 1 day family pass at Chessington World of Adventure. Was all paid in full by using Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

Would have cost £300. Can anyone beat this?

Would love to hear from others and their experiences using the vouchers for family breaks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Convert them to BA Miles, and you can fly round the world for "nothing".

Furthest I've been is Cape Town, but still shopping....

Shame about the standard of meat, compared to, say, Waitrose.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Hi, did you hear about the guy who went to New Zealand with them, it was on Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert.com site.

There was a deal where you got something like 200 extra points when you bought a microwave ready meal at £1, he bought 100 of them and donated them to a homeless centre.

He then converted them into Airmiles whereby you get 4 times as much giving him around £800 and a return ticket to NZ.

It is always worth it to exchange them even for restuarants rather than in store.

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

always shop with a Tesco credit card which gives me extra value clubcard points (even when I've shopped at Sainsbury's!) and then convert them to Airmiles. Have mainly used them for hotels around UK this year, enabling us to use 4 star accommodation (which we probably wouldn't be able to afford otherwise).

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

We convert them to airmiles and also have the airmiles duo credit card. Had 2 flights to Paris with them last year and Venice the year before.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Week in Scotland at the Coylumbridge which was very good; various stays at various Hiltons; oh and part payment towards our holiday in Hawaii several years ago!! Always save them up for a year or so to spend on hotels - feels a nice treat then.

Cradley Heath...
Level Contributor
87 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Just converted my lastest vouchers into hotel B & B deals for family of 5. Having 2 nights at the Mercure Bristol Easter and 2 nights Novotel Greenwich May Day weekend.

Couldnt get London for Easter although rooms available in hotel no more for Tesco offer. So if you want London book well in advance. By the way I booked hotel first then sent off for the vouchers when I was sure I was booked in.

London Baby!!
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

Hi guys,

Good to hear you're all travelling!!

I have a question to anyone out there who might know.

If you have a few family members with different clubcards could I combine all the various vouchers onto one BA airmiles account or must I be registered with a clubcard that matches the name on my BA account?

Cheers

8. Re: Holidays using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 05:15