We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

I think this is the appropriate forum for this.

My suggestion is, if you are UK-based, post here. Did your insurance company bottle out and prove useless with "acts of God" and such guff, or did they pay up, no issues?

That way, for buying future travel insurance, people will know who to consider, and who to strike off the list (unless you are happy to knowingly accept such a condition of course).

Don't get into detail about disputes, if you are in a dispute I think that puts them into the Shame category anyway.

And confusingly, my company. Travsure fits into the "dont know' category, verbally they said I would covered but the Ts&Cs actually exclude "if flights cancelled by national air traffic body" or similar wording. And as I haven't claimed I don't know which way they would go..

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

Maybe most 'victims' are still waiting for rescue abroad?

I read a comment about Iceland yesterday -

"First they claim to have lost all our money. Then they set fire to the country....

Is anyone else thinking ..... 'INSURANCE SCAM'!!! ?"

:-)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,475 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

Not affected myself but i think it is a great idea Joe.

If internet and forum campaigns etc can get records to No. 1 then why can't we as Travellers not root out Companies who gladly take your money then when it looks like they will make a loss hide behind small print clauses that can cover anything they could not cover in the first place.

London
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

Hope this helps anyone about to book travel insurance. We used Insure and go 'gold' as this was our hoiday of a lifetime and by far the most expensive holiday ever. We lost almost half of our holiday and are not covered due to vocanic eruption. Dont know if I will ever take out insurance again especially if in EU.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

Another vote for Insure & Go(away maybe?),they just said that they don't cover cancellations or delays caused by the volcano!

5. Re: Volcano - Name & Shame or Praise your insurance company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2010, 08:26