We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family B&B accommodation in October/November

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Family B&B accommodation in October/November

Hi all

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 13) will be touring England and Ireland for around 3-4 weeks during October & November 2010. We intend using B&Bs when not staying with friends/family or in major cities, and I have a couple of queries:

1) Should we book or wing it?

2) Will we be forced to book 2 rooms or can a fair % of b&bs accommodate 4 in one room (happy to sleep on sofa beds etc)

3) What is a likely average cost for reasonable b&b accommodation at the moment? We did this type of trip a long time ago - 12 years or so - so I sadly assume prices have risen since then...

Any advice appreciated. Thanks. David

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family B&B accommodation in October/November

I would definitely book in advance - that way you can be sure of getting somewhere that suits you.

Most B&Bs will have double or twin rooms, but will often have the option of an extra bed for small children. Some also have family rooms, but it is hard to generalise, as they are so varied. It will be quite difficult I think to find places with a room to accommodate two adults and two quite big children. I wouldn't normally say this, but it may be better to go for bigger chain hotels, which are more likely to have big rooms with four beds.

Again, average cost is impossible to give, as B&Bs vary from small guest houses, which may charge as little as 50-60 for a double, through to character places which charge anything from 70-150. There are also lots of small hotels and other places with a similar range of prices.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family B&B accommodation in October/November

Thank you - that's helpful

David

3. Re: Family B&B accommodation in October/November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 05:17