We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to fly in october??

Malta, Montana
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
where to fly in october??

wheres the best place to go in october weather wise

any ideas. i was thinking marseille, bari, valencia. where do you suggest

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to fly in october??

I'd guess Southern Italy, Sicily, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco or The Canaries

Much will depend on what direct flights you have from your local airport

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to fly in october??

if you are going from Malta(Montana) to Marseille or Valencia etc I cant see why this is in the UK forum. ??

London, England
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to fly in october??

Hi Scotmal

fascinated that you sent me a PM about weather in Bari- hope that the climate guide I suggested in that reply helps a decision ( www.weather2travel.com)

NOW I'VE SEEN THE CONTEXT TO YOUR ENQUIRY, i HAVE TO ADMIT THAT bARI IS PROBABLY NOT THE WARMES (oops, sorry, caps lock). Valencia would be warmer than Puglia, and Southern Spain or the Canaries or North Africa warmer still.

But what about other variables: - cost, language, cuisine....

Wherever you go, gissa report

alexmac

Edited: 03 September 2010, 23:32
London, England
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to fly in october??

Youreally got me going here, but I finally cracked the code; you are asking about which Ryanair destiations are best from Malta!

Frankly, all of em sound great to me. I really fancy Valencia, as it sounds like a city that has re-invented itself in recent years, (I drove thru it 40 years ago when it looked a bit run down) and Girona has cheap bus links to Barcelona, or, if you rent a car, within an hour or the Dali attractions of Figueres, Cadaques on the coast or great cheap Paradores (Cheap luxury state ru hotels) like Aiguablava on the Costa Brava.

But for you, I think I'd reccomend Seville. At the hub of all the public transport in Andalucia, you can travel easily by bus and train to the South West coastal city of Cadiz, to the classic mountain white town of Ronda, or even to Aracena in Estarmadura on the western borders; or Seville is wonderful as a destination in itself- and probably still really hot in October-

So....Whaddayawanando?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to fly in october??

Like the swallows..... head SOUTH.

Morocco, or South Africa. You know it makes sense.

The Med has winter rainfall. Why risk it?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,293 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to fly in october??

Why not experience some Andalucian culture and fly to Seville www.andalucia.com/cities/sevilla.htm From Seville you can also visit Cadiz and Cordoba by train www.renfe.es

7. Re: where to fly in october??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:17