We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

I did a search for this and couldnt find anything..

what is the distance between the two airports by say taxi/car ? is there any bus services i should be aware of ?

Is there anywhere to stay near these airports?

Thanks in advance!

Reading/London UK
Level Contributor
955 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

According theAA.com, the distance is just over 70 miles.

There is a coach from one to other - look at NationalExpress.com, takes just under 3hrs according to the website

Gatwick has a plethora of the usual chain hotels and Stansted has a good few too

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

As Panda say National Express run 3 routes between the 2 airports. One direct and 2 via Heathrow. The journey time is different for each route with the direct one taking longest !!!!

Which way are you travelling and what times are your flights. We can then recommend the best way to do this journey.

australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

Hi again ,

sorry for the delay just trying to get my dates sorted.

i will be landing at Gatwick at 2:35pm and trying to make a flight at 7:40pm at stansted with easyjet. I figure if i take the national express (leaves 3;10 or 3:45pm)leaves me 1 hour to board in and im not crazy on relying on everything to get there on time..

so if i was catching a taxi (or any other transfer) between the two how much would i be looking at ?

Cheers!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Gatwick and Standsted airport?

You would be looking at £100 + for a prebooked taxi, i.e. car service.

There is also the train - tube - train option, train to London Victoria, tube to Tottenham Hale, train to Stansted Airport, about 2h 10m, £22.