We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near paddington station

australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near paddington station

Hope someone can help with 2 questions

1 need a hotel near the paddington station no more than 150 pounds doesn't have to be flash just clean I have been checking on line and it's over whelming and I would like some one to comment on a personal experience they have from staying at one

2 can you take a train from paddington straight to st pancreas station or do you have to change thanks

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near paddington station

The Darlington Hyde Park is fine both from personal experience a few years ago and recent comments.

Yes, you'll have to change. Look at the Transport for London website.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near paddington station

You won't have to change. The Circle and Metropolitan Lines link the two stations. The both use the same platform so just take the first that comes along.

Any particular reason you want to stay in Paddington? If it's because of access to Heathrow you could stay somewhere on the Piccadilly Line, which would link you to both Heathrow and Kings Cross-St Pancras.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near paddington station

The trains that go from Paddington to St Pancras go from platforms 15/16 at the back of of the main station.

If you use the 'normal' underground station you have to change at Edgware Road

You might find the 205 bus more convenient.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,320 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near paddington station

Do not book in advance. When you come out of the station, cross over Praed St. into London St. Walk straight down London St. to the intersection with Sussex Gardens. Turn left or right you will be confronted by an array of Hotels. Some are very good, some not quite so.

Go into any and haggle. If you pay more than seventy pounds your ability to bargain is in question.

Those worthy of your attention include The Athena, The Edward, The Cambridge, The Mitre, The Darlington, The Nayland, The Gresham, The Delmere and very many more.

When you have agreed a price always inspect the accommodation.

As has been previously suggested the 205 bus runs 24 hours door to door and will give you a perspective on the area.

Caveat Emptor.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near paddington station

Sorry for the error about changing--so much for relying on TfL site! (Blush emoticon here.)

australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near paddington station

Thanks every one for all your advice, I'm not sure if I can travel so far from home with no accommodation booked in advance. It's only one night but it's at the end of may and it's a bit of a gamble. I do like to haggle though that's for sure and I am known as the bargain hunter. You have given me food for thought But i wish i was closer to 20 than 50 i took more risks back then then. Kind regards

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near paddington station

I must say, I was surprised that anyone should suggest arriving in London without somewhere booked. There are loads of hotels on sites like booking.com with hotels in central London from £50 upwards.

If you like a bargain and like to haggle why not try your hand at bidding on Priceline? Many people have got very good hotels from around a third the price that way.

(By the way, questions about London are best asked on the London forum, where more people will see them and where they won't slip down the pages so quickly.)

8. Re: Hotel near paddington station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 17:18