We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avro airline

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
avro airline

Hi guys, just a quick question, we are going on hol in oct,. when i booked i was told we would fly with monach, but on the email i was sent it says avro, after a little internet searching it seems they are part of the same group,! also during my search, alot of articles say monarch arnt so good, can anyone fill me in on if the planes are one & the same and are they as bad as they say? 1 lady mentioned being seated away from her family during the flight.!! also how little the seats are and the lack of leg room. im traveling with 3 kids on my own, 2 of them still under 6 yrs old! and as for the seats, im not what you would call short or thin! really starting to flap a little, help please! xx

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,527 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: avro airline

What's the question? You might want to include the routing and dates - or post in the airlines forum

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avro airline

i just want to know if they are as bad as what ive read, (the reviews i managed to find were from 2008/9) if there are this bad i would consider changing airline, this is my youngests first time flying, so would want to make it as stress free as pos, (being seated apart would not be an option) we are traveling from manchester to lanzerote on october 12th,

i will post in the airlines forum, thankyou for your help

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avro airline

www.avro.co.uk

Passenger comments Monarch airlines www.airlinequality.com

Essex
Level Contributor
27,764 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: avro airline

Avro?

Are you flying in a Lancaster or summat??

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,079 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: avro airline

What an idea! "Heritage Travel by RyanAir". Strap the passengers into the bomb bay, and drop them over their destination.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: avro airline

I think AVRO are just an airline booking agent. They are not an airline.

As for Monarch , I have flown with them before and they are much the same as most other average airlines.

Never had any problems with them

Graham

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: avro airline

Thanks for all ur help and comments, xxxxx

sunbury on thames uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: avro airline

Avro are an airline and won " Budget airline of 2011" so must be quite good, I'm flying with them in July to Turkey, I'll update this when I return

sunbury on thames uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: avro airline

Avro are an airline and won " Budget airline of 2011" so must be quite good, I'm flying with them in July to Turkey, I'll update this when I return

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: avro airline

Avro is a company that is connected to Monarch Airlines and are in fact a booking agency and sell seats on different airlines .

They have won several awards for service.

As far as being an airline they have no aeroplanes . When you book with them you will be flying on one of several charter planes often Monarch.

Graham